Stacy Lowe • January 28, 2023
The weather has been pretty crazy over the past few months. It's been a rollercoaster of unseasonably warm weather and then below zero temperatures. As I'm typing this, my kids are home for a snow day. On days like this, when it is cold and snowy out there, I'm so very thankful to have a place that is safe and warm. If you've watched the news lately, you may think that this world in general is a cold place. People hurt others for no reason, people are ugly on social media, hate and violence seem to be so plentiful while kindness, generosity and love seem rare. Mental illness and loneliness are on the rise in all age groups. This isn't a world that we want to go out into, let alone send our kids into. This may seem true, but this is what our enemy wants us to believe. He wants us to think it's too bad "out there" so we stay inside the safety of our homes and Churches. In reality, God is on the move. His people are showing up and reflecting His image in so many ways. In the past few months, people have been clothed, fed, and loved by His people in North Canton. New members are finding a home and a family in the Church. Teens are finding a safe place to have fun and worship with our youth group. A mom who had surgery and who was recently homeless received everything she and her 3 children needed to furnish their new apartment plus Christmas gifts because God's people weren't staying inside their walls. God's people are going into all the world and sharing His Word and more importantly they are sharing His love. In this cold world, I'm so thankful to be a part of a church family who is bringing warmth and light. Don't look now but there's a heat wave coming!
This past month...
- Over 500 children were given Christmas gifts through our stocking stuffer giveaway
- We had a full house on Christmas Eve!
- 965 families were served at the food giveaway in Dec.
- 134,000 pounds of food were given away
- 77 seniors got food boxes
- 379 families were served at the clothing giveaway in Dec.
- 365 families were served at the clothing giveaway in Jan.
- Teen small groups began last week with 18 teens attending
- 67 backpacks full of food were given to local elementary children EACH WEEK
- Our new young adult class started meeting
- Many Bible studies met throughout the month